Thursday 18 September 2014

To wait or not to wait,depends on you!



                 "To wait or not to wait,depends on you."I understand that the title of my blogpost is a bit confusing.I will make sure that I will make you understand what I mean,by the end of the blogpost.
           'Waiting'-You would have heard this word or experienced it a million times.For example,waiting when a friend of yours comes late,Waiting when you call a person and that person is busy,waiting in a queue when there are a lot of people to buy or get the same thing which you want,waiting for a flight to take off/land when there is a delay due to unusual weather conditions,waiting when you want the print of photographs that is there in a pendrive and so on.I am currently 'waiting' to get the printouts of few images that I have submitted to the studio in a pendrive.
               Since there are a lot of people,I was informed to wait for 20 minutes.But a wonderful thought came to my mind-Though it will take 20 minutes for me to get the printouts,waiting for it or not depends on me.Waiting is the period in which you are doing nothing other than expecting an event to happen.In my case,the event refers to collection of printouts when it is done.But,Waiting is not mandatory and depends on us.Whenever there is need to wait,you can utilise that time effectively in doing something else and this will help you develop proficient time management skills.You also end up finishing two or more works at the end of a particular time,when you utilize the 'waiting period' for one work to happen in doing some other work.
                In certain cases like getting printouts of something or photocopy of a complete book,you will definitely have to wait.But as I explained above,you can utilize the waiting period in doing some other work either by sitting near the place of present work or you can also go to some other place that demands your presence for completion of work.This is fine.
           What if you are in a long queue and you are waiting for getting 'darshanam' of almighty in a temple or for billing your products in a Supermarket or any such case.In such cases you definitely have to be in the current place and wait and can't go anywhere else,because that would lead to a even longer queue and eventually making you wait for more time.But I believe that there is a Solution for everything in this world.Here the solution is simple.The solution is 'Smartphone.'The present trend among all kinds and all ages of people is 'Smartphones.'You can find a 3 year old baby meddling with a smartphone and at the same time a 90 year old person having a smartphone.So,the solution for proficient use of 'Waiting period' is use your smartphone to communicate with someone,learn from someone,learn something from Internet,read something,write articles,write blogs,update yourself with the latest technology and current affairs and so on.And am damn sure that any smartphone that costs from Rs.4000 to Rs.60000 will help you do all the above things.Infact many non-smartphones also helps you do productive things.Hence,to wait or not to wait is left to you.
            I had given order for printouts of images and it would take 20 minutes for me to get it.I decided not to wait and hence I engaged myself in writing this blogpost.Trust me,I am feeling happy about myself for such a decision which helped in efficient utilization of time.
Thank you for reading.
Vishwesh Wali from India.

No comments:

Post a Comment